1.09.02 Intolerable Violations
1.09.02 Intolerable Violations (Revised 10/2020)
As with any employer, there are some acts and behaviors that cannot be tolerated. This policy is in
place in an effort to protect employees and the company’s well-being and reputation from harm.
Therefore, we have formed a list of violations may result in immediate termination. Other violations
may also result in immediate termination upon discretion of management.
1. Associates will not be insubordinate, refuse to perform work assignment, or refuse to cooperate with management in the performance of duties.
2. Associates will not violate customer service policy that could have or did damage company standards and/or reputation.
3. Associates will not be negligent in provision of medical care or provide any treatment outside the organization’s clinical protocols or their prescribed scope of practice.
4. Associates will not provide false verbal or written communications for any reason.
5. Associates will not give false information to management for any reason.
6. Associates will not disclose confidential information. See 1.3.4 Confidentiality
8. Associates will not utilize emergency protocols and/or equipment unless responding to an emergency situation as allowed and authorized by State Law.
9. Associates will not commit any criminal offense nor will they be involved in any criminal conspiracy while on-duty.
10. Associates will not threaten, attempt to harm, or harm another associate or general public while in AEMS uniform or on duty.
11. Associates, while in Amerimed uniform, will not become involved in altercations or misconduct which might cause adverse public reaction or injury to any person.
12. Associates will not make derogatory, racial, ethnic, or engage in sexist remarks or gestures in the presence of the public or other associates while in Aamerimed uniform or while on duty.
13. Associates will not violate Amerimed Sexual Harassment Policy while in Amerimed uniform or on duty. See 1.19.3 Sexual Harassment.
14. Associates will neither bring nor cause to be brought into Amerimed facilities nor use or have in their possession any media of inappropriate nature that could be offensive to other associates.
15. Associates will neither bring nor cause to be brought into Amerimed facilities nor use or have in their possession any alcoholic beverage, drug, illegal compound.
16. Associates will neither bring nor cause to be brought into Amerimed facilities nor use or have in their possession any firearms without written authorization from the OCE.
17. Associates will not report to duty in an impaired condition, consume intoxicants while on duty, nor will an associate become intoxicated while off duty and in Amerimed uniform or any part thereof.
18. Associates will not consume intoxicants while on Amerimed property.
19. Associates will not be involved in illegal gambling in any manner while in Amerimed uniform.
20. Associates will not intentionally damage or steal company-owned equipment or property.
21. Associates will not use tobacco products on any hospital or health care facility property (hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, nursing homes, etc.), or inside of Amerimed owned vehicles. While on Amerimed properties associates may only use tobacco products in the designated smoking areas. See 1.3.1 Company Facilities & Premises
Employees who are terminated for violating any of these policies are required to return all Amerimed issued equipment. See 1.5.3 Equipment Issuance, Section A.
Employees who are terminated for violating any of these policies lose all Paid Time Off benefits they may have accrued. See 1.16.1 Paid Time Off.