1.03.07 Continuing Education
1.03.07 – Continuing Education (Revised 8/15/2021)
Amerimed is committed to ensuring associates receive the highest level of medical and professional education as possible.
Amerimed may provide or make available:
• Monthly electronic, (video and/or audio), or in-person training topics for all associates,
• Leadership Training Modules for those associates who want to progress to management positions,
• Postings of promotion opportunities on company communication platforms,
• Partnerships with accredited educational programs to provide opportunities for associates to continue their education, and
• Tuition assistance for eligible* associates enrolled in eligible post-secondary educational programs may be available according to the following stipulations:
*Eligibility: To be eligible to receive tuition reimbursement, Associates must have completed a minimum of one (1) year’s continuous full-time service, must be in good standing without any incidents of formal corrective actions within previous 12 months, and must have a minimum score of 3.0 for most recent annual review.
Process: Utilizing the “Education/Tuition Reimbursement Agreement”, Associates must obtain advance written recommendation from their Division Manager, and written approval from the Office of CEO, in order to be qualified for the Program.
Terms: If advance approval is granted, the employee will be reimbursed for the cost of the course upon the employee’s “successful completion” (as defined below) and receipt of an invoice from the course provider showing the course has been paid for. Amerimed generally will not pay for the cost of books or any other expenses associated with the course. Successful completion of a course means achievement of a grade of “B” or higher or a “pass” if the course is only offered on a pass/fail basis. This benefit has a cap of $3,000 extended for the tenure of the associate.
In the event an employee separates from Amerimed (except due to job elimination) or converts to part-time status (unless otherwise approved) within 12 months from the date of course completion, he/she must reimburse Amerimed for any payments made to the employee under this Program. Amerimed reserves the right to withhold any monies owed through payroll deductions as needed.
Every effort will be made to provide ongoing education opportunities; however, each associate is responsible for maintenance of their certification. See 1.3.10 Credentials.